Tuesday, July 27, 2010

bulleted list

Some things to know about me lately:

I......

  • totally found a new favorite Sonic drink this weekend: Diet Dr. Pepper with raspberry. Oh. My. Word. SO good! It even beats Diet Dr. Pepper with cherry or Diet Coke with lime for me. It’s THAT good. Seriously.
  • have such a love/hate relationship with my Garmin. LOVES: never completely lost, can change route or destination on the fly, can even search specific places. HATES: I feel a compulsion to beat the expected arrival time displayed on the Garmin, which turns every trip into a race against the clock. Coming back from camp, I needed to avoid part of I-35 where there was some major construction, so I had to go the long way and STILL managed to shave nearly 15 minutes off my time! If I get pulled over for it, I’m thinking a cop won’t buy my “but, sir – I have to beat the Garmin” excuse. Oh, and also in the “hate” category: the Garmin has started giving me directions at strange times. I was in the middle of nowhere… just me and some cows and those big white birds that hang out with cows… and there not even any other roads. Suddenly the Garmin says, “Turn right.” I yelled “Are you kidding me?!” out loud to the Garmin. Strange (both the Garmin and me probably).
  • spent like 4 or 5 hours organizing nametags at camp this weekend. It was tedious, meticulous, detail work… right up my alley. Ha. Well, until the slipcover things that the nametags went in started scratching my hands.
  • shopped for a baby shower gift to be from my entire section at work… so I had like $250 to shop with. That is definitely the most I’ve ever gotten to spend on baby stuff, and I LOVED it. Maybe someday I’ll get to buy that stuff for me…
  • invested a ridiculous amount of time in trying to get some more CDs into my iTunes… and naming everything appropriately. I need to load it all onto my iPhone, and I would really like for it be right before I go to the trouble to do that. My perfectionism rears its ugly head yet again.
  • am only blowdrying my hair like twice a week now. The rest of the time it ends up in a ponytail or a braid or some other hairstyle that doesn’t have to be dry when I get to work.
  • think that about covers it.

1 comment:

  1. HA! you crack me up :) thanks for the updates (this post and the previous!)
    love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete