Monday, November 28, 2011

super speedy

We have had a busy but productive season 'round these parts! Brief update... readysetgo:
  1. We are about 75% done registering. I need to make one more pass at Target, but otherwise... nearly done!
  2. We are down to only a handful of gifts to buy for Christmas! I have about half of the ones I have purchased already wrapped and under the tree, which leads us to...
  3. All of our Christmas stuff is up! Except the wreath I decided to make, which is still IP. AND I just ordered our Christmas cards, which is SO much better than when I ordered them on December 19th last year!
  4. We are secretly testing out a baby name this week. We aren't sharing it yet, but we're both stewing on it this week. This is MAJOR progress for us!
  5. We went Black Friday shopping and got some awesome deals... including... (drum roll please...) a DYSON! I have wanted one FOR.EV.ER. People were extra nice to me thanks to my belly. I was in the checkout line and on the phone with Lance and told him how much I needed to potty but that I would/could hold it unless Baby kicked me... and the nice guys behind me held my spot in line so that I could go to the bathroom! That HAS to be because of Baby--no one is that nice on Black Friday.
  6. I have my glucose test this week. I am a little nervie about it because my dad is diabetic, and I have heard that increases the odds of gestational diabetes... but when it comes right down to it, the condition is either already there or it isn't, and I would rather take care of myself and Baby like I need to if that is an issue. Although I am praying it won't be.
  7. I LOVE CHRISTMAS. I love how homey our house looks right now. And I love buying gifts for people. And I love opening gifts from people. I just love Christmas.
  8. I will admit though... one thing I am not super fond of is that we are constantly getting things asking for donations... which I understand... but my hormones are making it hard to deal with. I cry at some of the donation solicitation things. It's ridic. I'm ridic. No denying.
  9. We had a fabulous Thanksgiving. We celebrated with Lance's fam because mine was on a cruise that we were supposed to go on before Baby popped up in all of her joyousness. Instead, we basically lived in pajamas and spent a ton of time together and a ton of time sleeping. It was awesome.
  10. I'm trying not to be stressed over all that's coming up: my company Christmas party is Friday night, our birthing class is Saturday, my parents' church is having a lunch/shower for us on Sunday, then NEXT weekend is a high school retreat... and then it's nearly Christmas! And our nursery still isn't painted, and Baby remains unnamed. Eesh! I'm trying to just enjoy the moments because I know they're going to pass SO fast. I feel unbelievably blessed to be preparing a nursery and coming up with a name for our healthy baby girl. I don't want to complain or whine or grouch my way through these times. I could not ask for more. So I will be busy among my blessings with a smile.
Summary: I am blessed. I am thankful. I am so happy. And I love Christmas. The end.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the great, and funny as always, update! i'm happy your happy...and I love christmas too :)

    ReplyDelete