Sunday, November 13, 2011

girls weekend!

My goodness, things have been busy around here! Last weekend, my mom and I drove up to Hot Springs, Arkansas to visit my sister. Somehow, I didn’t manage to take a single picture while I was there, so this will be an imageless post.

We drove up there on Thursday after I got off work… but I’m not 100% certain that was a great idea. It took me over an hour and a half to make the (usually) one-hour trip to my parents’ house thanks to rush hour, and then we ate a super fast dinner and hit the road. We left around 7:30 (which I think was nearly an hour later than we’d hoped). It was already dark at 7:30, and we had a great talk on the way… then just 15 minutes short of the Arkansas state line, my mom got pulled over for a bogus reason (driving in the left lane instead of just passing, despite the fact that there was a police car on the right shoulder, and the law says to move over, but whatever…) but only got a warning… but then couldn’t find her license. We even stopped to look through the car for it and couldn’t find it… so that added another 30ish minutes to the trip by the time we got stopped and then searched the car. I started getting really tired around 11:00, so I yawned for the entire last leg of our trip. We finally got to what we thought was our hotel, only to find out it wasn’t our hotel… and our hotel was one block away. Gracious. On the upside, my mom found her license, but we were so tired and cranky AND it was 1:00 in the morning before we got to bed. Rough start.

Friday, however, was great! Mom and I got up and ate breakfast at the hotel, then drove to my sister’s apartment, where we hung out until lunchtime. Sister and her husband treated us to lunch at their favorite Mexican restaurant, and then we walked around their little mall. It reminded me of Abilene’s mall but with Razorback paraphernalia everywhere. Then we dropped Sister’s husband off at the apartment, went to get ice cream and then Sonic, and then went on a driving tour of Hot Springs (including showing us their church). All the trees up there looked so beautiful! The colors were just gorgeous. After that, we went shopping at an antique mall and found some really fun stuff! I bought a bunch of old books to decorate the house with (I will probably never read any of them… except maybe Moby Dick… but honestly, I bought them only for their looks.). Mom and Sister found some fun stuff too… and just about everything was priced really well. I bought six hardback books (plus a book for Baby) for $21, which is much better than the hardback books I almost bought at Anthropologie for $16 apiece! After our antique mall excursion, we ate dinner together and then went back to Sister’s apartment for awhile longer.

We started off Saturday the same as Friday—eating at the hotel and heading to Sister’s apartment. Then we went to lunch with Sister and her husband and hit the road to come back home. It was a super speedy weekend, but we had such a blast! I feel so blessed to enjoy time with my family so much! --and I love that we are dramaless!

This is the longest I have ever been out of town when Lance was home, and upon my return, he told me that he has a new respect for me and how long I stay alone during the stretches of summer when he’s gone on trips and such. Ha.

I've been working on a million different things--I'm now half done shopping for Christmas!--so hopefully I'll have time to update more soon. I think it's about time for another belly update... just as soon as I have a free minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment