Monday, July 13, 2009

july 4th

I guess the next major event post-birthdays was the July 4th celebration. I had July 3rd off work, which was just fabulous. Lance and I had a great Friday together, spending all day just hanging out and having fun. We touched up the paint in our bedroom and set up our brand new chair in the corner of our bedroom. It looks fabulous, and I love it.

That night, we went to the Rangers game with Philip and Jocelyn. We had the best seats in the house – the all-you-can-eat seats! It was hot, hot, hot out there. Our seats were in the top deck of the Home Run Porch, and if you went up the steps, there was a buffet of ballpark food – nachos, hot dogs, drinks, popcorn, peanuts, and grilled chicken sandwiches. I think the grilled chicken sandwich thing is weird, but I most certainly enjoyed my fair share of nachos.

Let’s be clear that this was for some reason an incredibly unflattering picture night. I’m not exactly sure why it was so bad for me. I had a great time, but I look pretty homely.

Lance and me...


Philip and Jocelyn... (and she looks better than me, and she's 8 1/2 months prego. FAB. She is a super cute pregnant girl though.)


The four of us...


There were fireworks after the game…


On Saturday, Lance and I went and saw Transformers II… and then we’d planned to go to Kincaid’s, but it was closed for the 4th. We went to Chili’s instead. Don’t worry – after church on Sunday, Lance took me to Kincaid’s so that I wouldn’t be disappointed. Then we went home, and Lance made homemade ice cream with our new ice cream maker to take to small group.

All around, it was a fantastic holiday. I'm super thrilled to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave... especially when it involves baseball, ballpark nachos, going to the movie theater and Kincaid's! What a great country!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting the pictures from the game! We had so much fun with you guys! You look (and looked) super cute in my opinion by the way!

    ReplyDelete