Tuesday, December 27, 2011

oh... the comments

For posterity's sake, I wanted to record some of the comments I've gotten lately:

An older lady at my office told me I looked really small for 6 months pregnant. I told her I appreciated hearing that I look small because I always feel huge. She replied with, "But your doctor seems to be okay with the size you are? He's not worried?"

This was quickly countered by...

A brand new attorney who is a couple of years younger than I am asked me how far along I was. I answered that I was about 6 months. She stared at my stomach and said, "Oh wow! You're that big and you still have THAT far to go?!"

Then today, another older lady at my office told me that the baby had dropped. I said no, I've just been carrying her pretty low--low enough that I still have a waistline because she's down so low. She just raised her eyebrows and shook her head and said, "I think that baby looks REALLY low," as if I should be concerned.

I was also told over Christmas by an extended family member that I needed to remember that I'm not REALLY eating for two since I'm pregnant... And then this same family member commented on our picture from Vegas (the one where I'm wearing a white shirt and a colorful scarf and standing out in front of some waterfalls and such), "I didn't know you were already wearing maternity clothes at that point." Umm... that's just my shirt. A normal shirt. A size XS shirt, actually.

And I was told by an individual from church that she never remembered being as big as I am right now. Awesome.

But lately, people at church have stuck with the, "You look great!" which I love. Why can't everyone just tell me how awesome I am and how jealous they are of my smokin' bod? Clearly that's the best choice!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha...the inconsistancy is so odd. All you can do it laugh about it and know that you are beautiful and some crazy/insensitive people don't know what they are seeing :) Hope to see you and your pretty baby belly soon!

    ReplyDelete